So after my first blog post regarding the interview questions, I decided to add one with more advanced questions. I am not going to give out the answers, however if you want to discuss any of the questions please let me know by sending me an email.
1. How can you flag messages and route them in BizTalk?
2. What does in-flight message count mean?
3. What is the maximum application threads a CPU can handle?
4. What does the option initiate throttling mean under host settings?
5. What is the MaxMpxCt setting in the registry for?
6. What improvements does a subnet give, and how does it work?
7. how can you clean the entire message box by using SQL management studio?
8. How do you resolve full database disks the best way in production?
9. What is important to think about when establishing a new environment
10. What is throttling state 10 and 11?
11. Name 5 ways to improve performance in BizTalk
12. How do you add custom databases to the backup job
13. What is improved by splitting the message box?
14. How do you remove a BizTalk server from a BizTalk group?
15. How is the BizTalk console cached?
16. What’s the difference between 32bit and a 64bit environment?
17. How do you route Gac versions from one version to a new one?
18. Why is it recommended to have the BizTalk host instances on a delayed start after a reboot?
19. What are the best tips to tune down an application without altering the code?
20. How do you create a new secret key in a production environment to prevent a long downtime?
21. Explain the usage of a BizTalk Administration guidelines
22. What is the best practice when it comes to statistics?
23. What is important to remember about the BizTalk configuration file
24. Why should you turn off artifact tracking?
25. Explain the usage of ESB
26. Explain the known issues with implementing BizTalk and SCOM
27. Explain why good architecture of your environment is important?
28. What type of server resources does receiving and processing use
29. Why should you be careful to turn of throttling in BizTalk and what may be the effect of this
30. What performance counter should be monitored?
31. What is a good stress test of a future BizTalk Production environment where you only know the future amount of messages flow?
32. What is deleted in soft delete and hard delete by the SQL Agent job “DTA Purge and Archive”.
33. What should be checked when you have a throttling state 6?
34. What is stored in the spool table in the MessageBox?
35. What is needed in order to track in and out events in BizTalk?
36. How does the Powershell improve the usage and performance for BizTalk?
37. What is said about the usage for MSMQ that you can use with thresholds and throttling?
38. What is ment by “BizTalk is logic but not smart”?
39. Why is it not recommended to install the Master Secret key on any BizTalk server (even though its clustered)
40. Why should you log on the BizTalk servers in production and use tools like BizTalk360 and PowerShell to manage and monitor your BizTalk solution?
It’s taken some time to actually finish of these questions (when my family sleeps I have some extra time for you in the BizTalk community), some of the reasons is the lack of time, and the other one was to actually figure out what to ask someone I belive have a deep knowledge of BizTalk Administration, there is of course a lack in training for BizTalk Administrators around the world, and if you are struggling with some of these questions feel free to let me know and we can try to arrange either on-site training or training in your country so that you also will have the ability to attend my BizTalk Administration Deep Dive course.