So I got Inspired by Leonids post about questions to ask a BizTalk developer during interview. I decided to create the same for administrators. If you have the answers add them as comments.
1. What jobs do you need to configure when you install BizTalk
2. What is thresholds
3. Why do you have automatic throttling states and what can it be used for
4. What does a “high available environment” mean
5. What is NLB
6. What is host architecture
7. How do you route messages by receive port name
8. How do you measure performance for BizTalk
9. What are the four most important BizTalk databases
10. What are the dangers of filters combined with send port groups and multiple send ports
11. What needs to be backed up for a complete disaster recovery
12. What is an orphan message
13. What is a zombie message
14. what is a DNS server
15. How can you improve performance for BizTalk
16. What is ment by “parties”
17. Which default adapters cannot run with 64 bit OS
18. Which default adapters can only run with a single host instance
19. What is TDDS
20. What are best practices for tracking in production
21. What is global tracking and what does it track when global tracking is on
22. What is the difference between BizTalk 2009 and 2010
23. What is a Cumulative update
24. how many BizTalk versions is there
25. What is the BizTalk Adapter Pack
26. What is the ESB toolkit
27. What is required to install the Sharepoint adapter
28. What is special about the BizTalk Backup job?
29. What SQL agent job came in BizTalk 2010?
30. What tool were removed in BizTalk 2009?
31. How do the BizTalk Administration Console cache applications?
32. How can you solve slow administration consoles
33. What should be included in a basic guideline
34. What can you use the tracking database for
35. What is a trusted / un-trusted host
35. What is MSMQ used for?
36. What is ment by dedicated hosts
37. Should the DTA Purge and Archive job be configured and running if you have global tracking turned off?
38. What has not been changed regarding hosts since BizTalk 2006?
39. How do you turn of global tracking in BizTalk 2006 – 2006 R2
40. What is the main difference between BAM and DTA?
I will come with a new blogpost with more advanced question later..